Many people like to eat sausages and sausages, sausages and ham for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But everyone knows that the composition of these products in industrial production includes various chemical additives harmful to health, low-quality meat and its substitutes.
What to do? The simple answer is to learn how to make a tasty and fragrant home-made sausage, in which there will be only natural products. There are many recipes for such sausages from different types of minced meat with original and tasty additives. The shell can be natural guts, foil, parchment paper, a baking sleeve. The best recipes suggest baking homemade sausages in the oven.
There are recipes for hearty sausage made from pork and beef, dietary non-fat sausage made from chicken meat, saturated with a special one from the liver.
Having bought fresh meat, lard, chicken thighs or liver, you need to prepare them for minced meat. Meat and liver should be cleaned of film and veins, tough skin should be removed from the fat. Rinse the meat, cut into small pieces, add finely chopped lard for softness. There you need to add chopped onions and garlic, spices to taste. Thyme, coriander, caraway seeds, mustard seeds, black pepper, small bay leaves, salt are usually used.
Making minced meat for sausages in the gut
Mix everything thoroughly, hold for half an hour in the refrigerator and scroll in a meat grinder. If not, you can grind the mass with a blender. Proportions: for one and a half kg of pork take a kilogram of pork fat, 2 heads of garlic, salt, pepper, spices to taste.
Useful So that the sausage has a beautiful, rather than pale color, you can add carrot and beetroot juice. Minced meat can be mixed with various additives, for example, with mushrooms, sweet pepper, cheese, small patches of pieces of tongue or liver. Get the original types of sausage delicacies.
Minced meat for sausages in the gut
Types of shells and their filling
Rules for the preparation of minced meat in the shell:
- natural pig intestines should be cleaned well and soaked in a warm solution with soda and salt,
- you can use collagen shells, foil, parchment sheets, roasting sleeves,
- to fill the intestines with minced meat, you must use a special nozzle for a meat grinder. Having put the minced meat in a meat grinder with a nozzle, it is necessary to squeeze the minced meat into the gut, gradually moving it along the entire length of the gut to the end,
- so that the intestines do not burst, they must be pierced along the entire length every 5 to 8 cm, and the far end should be tied tightly with a harsh thread,
- the length of the sausage stick can be selected at will from 20 cm to a meter,
- if there is no meat grinder with a nozzle, you can use part of a plastic bottle with a neck and funnel. A bowel or shell for stuffing will be attached to the neck,
- when the intestine is completely stuffed with minced meat, tighten both sides tightly with harsh thread,
- put the sausage for ripening in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
Preparation of minced meat in a shell
We offer a recipe for sausages in the oven, baked in foil. Prepared, as mentioned above, the minced meat is laid out on the sheets of foil in the form of sausages and tightly wrapped in foil. Then sausages are placed on a baking sheet, greased with vegetable oil, and baked in a heated oven. The oven temperature should be 180 - 200 degrees, baking time 40 - 50 minutes.
For the sausage to become rosy, it is necessary to open the foil at the end of the baking and cook for another ten minutes. It is advisable to pierce the foil in several places with a needle so that the shell does not burst. Remove from oven, cool and refrigerate directly in foil for cooling.
Homemade sausages in foil
Using the grill mode
Most modern ovens have a special grill mode. Inside the oven there is a tube, which with the help of infrared radiation allows you to make an excellent golden crust on the product. Using this mode, you can cook many original recipes for grilled delicacies, for example, sausages, sausages, sausages, meat and liver rolls, steaks. To taste and appearance, these dishes will turn out no worse than those prepared on the grill. The combined grill and convection mode will warm through the sausages and give a golden crust. It can be turned on 5-10 minutes before the end of baking in the oven.
Grilled vegetables recipe
Consider the recipe for sausages or grilled sausages in the oven with vegetables step by step with a photo:
- prepare vegetables: three onions, three large tomatoes, 5 pieces of potatoes. Peel, rinse, cut into large slices,
- add spices, salt, pepper to taste, put all vegetables on a greased baking sheet,
- put sausages or sausages in the shell on the grill in the oven,
- put a baking tray with vegetables below the grate. The fat released from the sausages will drain onto the vegetables,
- heat the oven to 180 - 200 degrees and bake in the usual mode for 20 - 30 minutes,
- then turn on the grill mode and continue cooking for about 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown,
- the shell must be pierced in several places so that it does not burst.
Serve sausages or sausages to the table along with cooked vegetable side dish and mustard. A good side dish can be stewed cabbage with tomato paste and caraway seeds.
Chicken Diet Recipe
The original recipe for chicken sausages can be made from minced chicken with spices, cream or mayonnaise, pieces of lard or vegetables. Prepared minced meat (1 kg.) It is necessary to fill the shell, tie the edges and pierce in several places so as not to burst. For juiciness and softness, you can add cream (2 tablespoons) or mayonnaise, for color - beet juice, you can use natural gelatin or starch to form jelly.
Cook sausages in a heated oven at a temperature of about 180 - 200 degrees for half an hour, then place in the refrigerator until completely cooled. Periodically, they must be turned over so that the juice inside evenly fills the whole mass and solidifies. You can add 3 chicken eggs, onion, various products, for example, prunes, sweet pepper, olives, pieces of tongue and others to the minced meat.
Semi-finished sausages or sausages are sold in stores in packs. Dishes with them can be prepared very quickly and simply. If you have such bathrobes in the refrigerator, then do not worry when unexpected guests appear.
We offer a recipe for sausages with potatoes in the oven step by step:
- potatoes (1 kg.) peel and cut into large circles,
- 3 onions cut into rings,
- tighten the baking sleeve on one side,
- put 5 cupids, potatoes, onions, salt, a couple of cloves of garlic inside the sleeves. You can add sour cream (2 tablespoons) or 100 gr. grated cheese, fasten the other end of the sleeve,
- pierce in several places with a needle so that the steam comes out,
- gently turning, mix the contents for baking,
- heat the oven to 180 - 200 degrees and cook in it for about an hour.
This recipe can be prepared with other vegetables, cheese and mushrooms.
Homemade sausages can be eaten hot and cold with different seasonings and sauces, for example, they are very tasty with horseradish and beetroot sauce. Having prepared homemade delicacies from fresh natural products, you will decorate any table with them, reduce costs and maintain health.
Real sausage: you lick your fingers!
Homemade sausages can be prepared quickly and easily. The choice of foundation is up to you. Pork or beef tenderloin, chicken fillet or other types of meat will serve as an excellent filling.
Traditionally, sausage is prepared in the guts, but the process of processing such an offal is quite complicated, so many housewives choose an alternative shell - food wrap, parchment or aluminum foil.
On a note! Homemade sausage in the guts in the oven is prepared simply. You will need processed guts and a meat grinder with a special attachment.
- 4 things. garlic heads
- 4 kg of pork pulp,
- 10 m intestine
- to taste salt, spices and spices,
- 1 kg of fresh bacon.
- Thoroughly wash the chilled pork tenderloin under running water.
- We remove excess moisture with paper towels.
- We cut fresh lard and pork pulp into pieces, and then pass through a meat grinder.
- Add salt to taste, spices and spices at our discretion.
- We clean garlic cloves and pass through a press.
- Add the garlic mass to the minced meat.
- Mix well to make the minced meat homogeneous.
- Cleaned prepared intestines thoroughly rinse with running water.
- Then put it in a bowl and fill it with warm water.
- In this form, leave for half an hour.
- We install a special cone-shaped nozzle on the meat grinder.
- At one end of the intestine we tie a knot and carefully string it on the nozzle.
- Now we pass the minced meat in small portions through the meat grinder.
- As the intestines fill, we form a circle of sausages.
- So that the intestines do not burst, they must be periodically pulled together with threads.
On a note! Such a sausage can be cooked, baked until golden brown in an oven or frozen.
Oven pork sausage at home
Mistresses have already tested dozens of sausage recipes at home. In order not to waste time preparing the organic shell, take ordinary heat-resistant plastic bags or a baking sleeve.
Homemade pork sausage in the oven with slices of potatoes is incredibly tasty and satisfying. With such a product you can make a sandwich or serve it to the table in the form of slices.
- 1 kg pork tenderloin,
- to taste spices and spices,
- 5-7 pcs. potato tubers.
You can also make homemade sausage in foil. Cognac will give a special taste and aroma to such a dish. Be sure to add aromatic spices and spices, such as dried Provence herbs, thyme, paprika and pepper mixture. Homemade sausage in foil in the oven turns juicy and unusually tasty.
- 1.3-1.5 kg of pork pulp,
- 2 tbsp. l cognac
- onion head
- 0.2 kg of fresh bacon
- to taste salt, paprika, pepper mixture and thyme,
- 2-3 pcs. garlic cloves.
It is not necessary to cook sausage from pork tenderloin. Sausage made from chicken fillet has low nutritional value.
- 2 kg of minced chicken,
- beets - 1 root crop,
- pepper mixture, salt, ground coriander, paprika - to taste,
- 0.4 kg of fresh fat.
How to make sausage at home. Sausage meat and shell
If you have never cooked sausages at home, Elena Skripko’s book “World Sausage” will simply make you buy the right meat and shell for the sausage and get down to business: the process of making homemade sausage is described in such a simple and accessible way. Photos just do not let go of you! Today we will tell you how to make pork sausage - according to the old Ukrainian recipe with garlic and also with prunes.
Ukrainian homemade sausage with garlic
An old Ukrainian recipe for homemade sausage is absolutely simple. It does not include complex and unfamiliar ingredients, everything is clear here, and most importantly, it is close to us. By the way, Nikolai Vasilyevich Gogol knew very well the intricacies of Ukrainian cuisine, and this famous Ukrainian sausage, which will be discussed, is present in almost every of his works.
For 8-10 servings:
- pork (nonfat) 2 kg
- lard or undercuts 500 g
- garlic 2 heads
- ground black pepper 1 1/2 tsp
- bay leaf 3 pcs.
- salt 25 g
- pork belly (caliber 38/40)
If the caliber is not indicated in the recipe, then you can take any. Whether your sausage is thicker or thinner is up to you. You can fill the casing manually, through a meat grinder using a nozzle for sausage or sausages
- Pour black pepper into the mortar, break the bay leaf with your hands. Add peeled and chopped garlic. Pour in salt. Grind everything in a mortar to gruel. (Of course, you can grind everything in a blender, which will be more convenient, but if you want to get a taste of real Ukrainian fried sausage, then use a mortar.)
- Dice the pork 1 x 1 cm. This is a very important point. The meat must be cut manually. Add 1 × 1 cm diced bacon or undercuts. If you have fatty pork, then fat should not be added, and this step can be omitted.
- Rinse and soak the pork belly for 20 minutes in warm water.
- Add prepared garlic dressing to the meat.
- Stir the meat well with salt and spices for 5–10 minutes. Stuffing should thicken.
- Fill the belly with minced meat, forming rings for 2-3 turns. Tie the rings crosswise, twisting the twine through each ring.
- Put the sausage on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven without prior blanching for 25–40 minutes at 150 ° C. Pierce the shell in several places so that the fat evenly soaks the entire surface of the sausage.
Homemade Sausage with Prunes
A pork duo with prunes is always a firework of taste. Sweet and sour plum impregnates meat and gives it a unique flavor. But that is not all. Everyone knows that meat dishes, especially fatty ones, are quite high in calories. Any nutritionist will say: in order to reduce their energy value and at the same time improve absorption, it is best to combine meat with non-starchy vegetable foods, such as stew or bake with vegetables or fruits. Thus, meat with prunes is not only a tasty dish, but also a healthy one, since these two products complement each other perfectly.
For 6–7 servings:
- pork (fat) 1.5 kg
- garlic 1 head
- pitted prunes 150 g
- dried cranberries 70 g
- ground black pepper 1 1/2 tsp
- cold water ⅔ cup
- dried basil 2 tbsp. spoons
- salt 1 1/2 tsp
- pork belly
- Rinse prunes and cranberries. Cut prunes into small pieces.
- Cut the pork into cubes 1.5 × 1.5 cm.
- In a deep dish, combine prepared meat and dried fruits.
- Chop the garlic with a knife. It is important for such a sausage to add garlic in slices rather than gruel. Add black ground pepper and dried basil. If you use fresh basil, then a single bunch of medium size is enough. Rinse and chop the basil first. Add spices to the meat.
- Salt and add cold water. Stuff the minced meat, let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Soak the belly in warm water for 20 minutes and rinse off the salt from the outside and inside.
- Stuff the belly with minced meat, scrolling sausages every 10-15 cm. Stuff the belly loosely, otherwise the prunes swollen during the preparation process may break it.
- Gently pierce the sausage with a needle, put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes on one side at 160–180 ° С. Then carefully flip and bake for another 25 minutes.
- 1 kg of pork
- 5 cloves of garlic,
- 5 tablespoons of dried cream
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 chicken egg
- ground pepper, dried herbs - to taste.