07/31/2015 Menstruation Delayed menstruation is always unpleasant and alarming for any woman. The reasons for this phenomenon can be very different: climate change, sudden weight loss due to diets, vitamin deficiency, stress. But still, the most common reason for the delay is, of course, pregnancy. Women who want by any means to cause menstruation at home, respectively, want to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy.
To begin procedures leading to the fulfillment of desire, you must remember that you endanger your body. You intend to bring down the mechanism of the established work of your body, which is expressed in systematic menstruation. Many organs are in danger.
Women who use oral contraceptives should simply stop taking them three days before the required date. But be sure to consult a doctor, especially if he has prescribed this course for you. Otherwise, this method can lead to uterine bleeding.
Change the hormonal background can pills that cause menstruation. Among these drugs are Duphaston, Pulsatill, Norkolut and others. For example, in order to provoke menstruation through “Dufaston”, you should carefully read everything that is indicated on the package, or, even better, listen to the advice of a specialist who will determine the dosage depending on the physiological characteristics of the patient’s body.
After taking these medicines, menstruation should begin in one to three days. However, one should not forget that these drugs greatly harm women's health, especially its reproductive function and endocrine system.
To induce menstruation quickly, it is possible to apply an intravenous injection. In particular, the drug "Oxytocin" can cause menstruation literally within two to three hours, because it stimulates the rapid contraction of the uterus. You can use such a drug only under the supervision of a doctor, because it is life threatening.
Menstruation can also be caused by folk remedies. But not all of them can work successfully. Much depends on the physical condition of the woman’s body, on her individual reactions to a particular herb and infusion. Therefore, before independent actions, be sure to find out what side effects these or other medicinal herbs have.
Why is causing menstruation dangerous
To understand this, it is important to understand how menstruation works.
While the female body is undergoing ovulation, the uterus prepares to accept a fertilized egg and create the most comfortable conditions for further division and growth. Under the influence of hormones (mainly estrogen and progesterone), the uterine mucosa - the so-called endometrium - becomes thicker, soft, friable so that the egg can catch and find food.
If the egg is successfully fertilized, it descends into the uterus and settles in the prepared loose endometrium - the development of the fetus begins.
If not, the egg dies. The thickened endometrium is no longer needed, and the body gets rid of it. First, the level of progesterone, on which the nutrition of the mucosa depends, sharply decreases. Due to the lack of nutrients, the endometrium withers, atrophies. The vessels that bind him to the uterus become thinner and eventually burst. The onset of bleeding leaches the already unnecessary layer of mucosa from the uterus.
Around the same time, estrogen levels increase. In this case, it causes the uterus to contract, pushing out everything unnecessary.
As you can see, there are only two ways to trigger menstruation:
- Hormonal, that is, taking hormonal-based drugs that will create conditions for mucosal rejection. This method is good if you are preparing for some important event and you have a couple of months left.
- Physical, that is, creating conditions under which the vessels that connect the endometrium to the walls of the uterus burst.
Neither the first nor the second method can be called absolutely safe. In the first case, you hit the hormonal background, and the consequences of this are difficult to predict.
In the second, artificially causing rejection of the mucosa, you risk breaking large vessels and provoking uterine bleeding. Especially if there is a chance of pregnancy.
Be sure to do a pregnancy test. If he shows two strips, take no chances and go to the doctor!
Anyway, before doing something, consult with a gynecologist.
How to cause menstruation in a hormonal way
The most effective and safest way to call your period at the right time is to prepare for this in advance.
If you have an important event ahead of you, such as a vacation or competition, start taking hormonal contraceptives A quick gu> a couple of cycles before it. Naturally, those that the gynecologist will recommend to you. Any intervention in the hormonal background can have negative consequences, so it is extremely important to choose exactly those tablets that will suit you personally.
A couple of days before the day on which you would like to prescribe your periods, just stop taking the drug (or go to dummy tablets if they are prescribed by the release form). Your hormonal background will change and cause menstruation, more precisely, withdrawal bleeding, ahead of schedule.
There is a second option: start a new pack without a break (without taking a placebo), and then quit at the right time.
How to cause menstruation in physical ways
We repeat the important: if the pregnancy test showed you two strips, go to the doctor. The fetus has already begun to develop, which means that the vessels connecting the endometrium to the walls of the uterus can be quite large.
Vascular rupture is fraught with extensive uterine bleeding and deadly loss of blood.
If there is no pregnancy, but there is a delay, do not panic. There are a dozen reasons why menstruation can come later. Among them, stress, acclimatization, diet, fatigue, physical stress ... Such conditions affect the hormonal background and sometimes delay the onset of menstruation. So, perhaps, you just have to wait: within a few days, menstruation will come on its own.
But if there is no pregnancy, no time, you can try to speed up the process. However, none of the physical methods of 12 Natural Ways to Induce a Period has scientifically proven effectiveness.
There are a number of medications with which you can cause menstruation. They, like any medications, can not be used without a doctor's prescription so that there are no negative consequences.
- Aspirin. To restore a delay of one to three days, you can use the following solution. Pour half a glass of water, throw one tablet of aspirin into it. Wait for it to dissolve. Then put one teaspoon of sugar (honey can be). Stir the water and drink it. The method described above is not recommended for very young girls, since an aspirin tablet can aggravate various diseases and contribute to their exacerbation.
- Vitamin C. An excellent vitamin is considered to be an excellent remedy. It is sold over the counter, so it can be easily purchased at a pharmacy. You need to take it two to three times a day. To enhance the effect, you can steam your feet in hot water. For women and girls who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, gastritis or an ulcer, vitamin C is contraindicated, as it can negatively affect the gastric mucosa.
- Postinor. These tablets are drunk in case of unprotected intercourse. In the first seventy-two hours, you need to take two tablets - one at once, and the second after twelve (maximum sixteen) hours. Menstruation should come in one to three days.
- Pulsatilla The drug is in granules, for a single dose you need to take six pieces and put under the tongue. Take one time.
- Mifegin. The drug is used if the delay is already seven to ten days. Three tablets of 200 mg of mifepristone are taken orally once under the supervision of a doctor.
- Dufaston. The course of administration is five days, one tablet in the morning and evening.
- Non-ovlon. With a delay of menstruation, take two tablets with a frequency of twelve hours. In just two or three days, menstruation should begin.
- Contraceptives. Individually selected tablets for each woman, the regular intake of which does not allow an unwanted pregnancy to occur, even after unprotected intercourse.
Now you know how to cause menstruation with a delay at home for 1 day with medications. But along with traditional medicine, various (equally effective) folk methods are very popular.
- Dill or parsley. In its fresh form, it is added in large quantities without prejudice to health in the daily diet. You can brew a decoction of finely cut greens. It is consumed in the morning and evening, at a time in half a glass.
- Carrot seeds, pomegranate seeds, beet juice, lemon have the same effect.
- Hot tub and exercise. In a bath of hot water, add two packs of table salt, ten drops of iodine. As an alternative, you can take honey, essential oils and chamomile. Before taking a bath, be sure to load your body (jogging, cleaning the whole house, etc.). After lying in the bath for an hour.
- Douching with a decoction of chamomile (two tablespoons of inflorescences per one liter of water).
- Chamomile decoction. On a glass of boiling water - three tablespoons of chamomile inflorescences, drink half a glass in the evening and in the morning.
- Tincture of bay leaf. Take half a liter of water, put in it twelve grams of lavrushki and put on fire. Cook for five to six minutes. Drain the liquid in a thermos and let it sit for three hours. Take tincture three times a day, one tablespoon.
- A decoction of onion peel (strong). Pretty effective tool. Often after one glass, menstruation begins the very next day.
- Tincture of blue cornflower. Finely chop the blue cornflower (two teaspoons), fill it with a glass of water and set aside for an hour. Drink three times a day, one tablespoon.
- Verbena tincture. The principle of preparation as in the previous recipe. A single dose is fifty grams three times a day.
- Tincture of fennel root. A fairly effective diuretic that promotes the onset of menstruation. Take two tablespoons of the crushed root and fill it with one and a half glasses of hot water. Leave to infuse for ten minutes, then strain. Take twice a day.
- Pharmacy oregano in bags. Put two packets in a glass, fill with boiling water and set aside for fifteen minutes. You need to drink tincture in the morning and in the evening before eating half a glass.
- Tincture from the root of elecampane. Put the chopped root (one tablespoon) in the bowl and cook for fifteen minutes. Then set the broth aside for four hours. A single dose - one teaspoon three to four times a day. Contraindicated for those women who have problems with CVD, inflammatory processes of the reproductive organs, poor blood coagulation.
- Tincture of herbs No. 1. Mix chamomile pharmacy, valerian root and mint (proportion 4: 4: 3). Pour a glass of water and let it brew for two to three hours. You need to drink tincture in the morning and in the evening for half a glass.
- Tincture of herbs No. 2. Take two tablespoons of oregano, nettle, yarrow, Rhodiola rosea (root), knotweed, dried or fresh rose hips, elecampane (root), fill everything with a liter of boiling water and let stand overnight. Strain and drink everything in a day (divide into eight servings).
To avoid various health problems in the female sphere, it is necessary to adhere to certain rules.
- have a regular and good rest,
- maintain a healthy lifestyle
- avoid stress
- drink two liters of pure water per day,
- know the measure in sports,
- Avoid tight diets and fasting.
By observing the above rules, you can avoid many troubles and your cycle will be in perfect order. But still, before you call your period with a delay at home for 1 day, clearly consider your intentions. Remember that such methods should not be applied regularly, as they can lead to even greater negative consequences. Be healthy!
1. Eat Oranges
Or any citrus fruits, as well as other fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C: blackcurrant, broccoli, spinach, Brussels sprouts, red and green peppers ... The Effects of Ascorbic Ac> says that ascorbic acid can increase estrogen levels and reduce the amount of progesterone. That is, perhaps the endometrium will begin to die, and the uterus will actively contract. And menstruation will come faster.
2. Drink ginger or parsley tea
Cook a small piece of peeled and finely chopped ginger root in a glass of water for 5–7 minutes. Strain, add sugar or honey to taste.
You can also make tea from parsley: pour 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh herbs with a glass of boiling water and let it brew for about 5 minutes.
Both drinks can cause slight uterine contractions. And this, perhaps, will accelerate the arrival of menstruation.
3. Take a hot bath
Firstly, high temperature will improve blood circulation, including in the pelvic organs. This means that the risk of uterine contractions and the chances of a fast onset of menstruation will increase.
Secondly, a hot bath relaxes and helps relieve stress, which sometimes inhibits the onset of menstruation.
You can also apply a warm compress to the lower abdomen. Even a working laptop will do.
4. Relax properly
The meaning of this is to remove the same stress. Take a day off, lie on the sofa with a book, do yoga, do breathing exercises or use any other relaxation technique.
If you are a professional athlete, reduce the load: overstrain can also cause a delay in menstruation. Give your body a break.
When you need to urgently seek medical help
If the caused menstruation is too plentiful and you think that you are losing a lot of blood, immediately call an ambulance.
Also, be sure to consult with a gynecologist if you find large blood clots on the pad or menstruation lasts several days and its intensity does not decrease. This may be a sign of various disorders that require treatment.
In addition to folk remedies, there are other medicines. In the pharmacy you can buy a lot of drugs that will help to cause menstruation with a delay.
One of the most common drugs is Duphaston. This medicine will help you bring the onset of menstruation within three days. Duphaston must be drunk 1 tablet 2 times a day. The course lasts 5 days. This is a very effective tool that has positive reviews. No less powerful means to stimulate menstruation is Pulsatilla. This is a fairly powerful homeopathic remedy. Only 1 dose is enough to cause bleeding. You need to put about 7 granules under the tongue and calmly expect the result. This tool is distinguished by its speed, especially effective when the result is needed immediately.
Drugs are purchased only at the pharmacy. The most popular pills that can cause menstruation during a delay are:
Pulsatilla It is enough to put 6-7 granules under the tongue, dissolve and wait for the result. This drug is taken once.
Postinor. It is necessary to take 2 tablets. in the first 72 hours after unprotected intercourse: 2nd table. should be taken 12 hours (but no later than 16 hours) after taking the 1st table. The effect of this drug occurs in 1-3 days.
Dufaston. Take 1 tablet 2 times a day for 5 days. Menstruation occurs after 2-3 days.
Mifegin. Apply with a delay of 7-10 days.
Non-ovlon.Drink 2 tablets in 12 hours.
Contraceptives. These pills protect against pregnancy, menstruation comes on a particular day of the month.
Attention! The listed drugs should be taken with extreme caution. They are dangerous. These drugs are based on hormonal components that act on the endocrine system. As a result, they will lead either to problems with conception, or to irregular menstruation.
Traditional medicine recipes
Previously, women often used healthy herbs that were collected in the forest. Along with the expected result, there was a recovery of the whole organism. Today, all the necessary herbs for decoctions and tinctures can be purchased at the pharmacy. We offer several folk recipes that can help you with a delay in your period.
There are many recipes using forest herbs. Consider one of the most effective recipes that will help cause menstruation with a delay.
- Decoction. You will need: valerian root, mint and chamomile. You can buy all these herbs at any pharmacy at a very low price, or dial them yourself in the forest. These herbs must be mixed in proportions of 3: 3: 4, respectively, for each ingredient. This mixture must be filled with a glass of boiling water. Leave this mixture for about 15 minutes. This broth should be taken in half a glass in the morning and evening. Continue taking until the first day of menstruation.
- Infusion. Для изготовления данного настоя делается сбор из нескольких трав – это лист крапивы, девясила, шиповника, душицы, тысячелистника, корень розовой радиолы, спорыш. All herbs are taken in two tablespoons, placed in a thermos, poured with a liter of boiling water, insist 10 - 12 hours, filtered. All this broth is drunk during the day, half a glass at a time.
- Parsley. Every day you need to eat a very large amount of parsley. It can be combined with dill. Freshly added to salads, seasonings.
- Onion peel. Preparing a strong broth. About the same is prepared for painting eggs for Easter. One glass of this broth is drunk. Menstruation should appear the next day.
Also on the Internet you can find some remedies that supposedly cause menstruation. They should not be used under any circumstances, no matter what happens! These are such “effective” remedies as tansy, iodine with milk / sugar, as well as large doses of vitamin C, which are obtained from ascorbic acid. These funds can not be used under any circumstances, because they can entail more than serious consequences that will not help to cope with your problem, as well as introduce many other diseases into the body. And nobody needs this!
Important! Often cause menstruation with a delay is harmful to the body, as its natural course is disrupted and hormonal failure can occur. And this can already lead to the emergence of even more serious conditions. In addition, problems with conception or irregular menstruation may occur. Taking large doses of medications has contraindications! It is better to consult a gynecologist.