I constantly paint my nails with varnish, quite often I came across thickening of the liquid. This effect does not depend on the price of varnish, even the most expensive cosmetics thicken, but this happens much later. Throwing away a thick varnish is not necessary at all, to cope with this problem is easy at home. There are many ways to extend the life of a cosmetic product, many of which are described in the article.
Causes of the problem
The reasons for thickening are related to the composition of the varnish, in this case the varnish thickens due to the formaldehyde used as a fixative. The higher its content, the faster the varnish dries. The concentration of the substance in expensive cosmetics is lower, in cheap - higher.
- often use - with frequent use, the bottle remains open, which leads to evaporation of the solvent, the process is accompanied by thickening of the varnish,
- violation of storage rules - the product should be placed in a darkened cool place away from sunlight, heating devices, temperature drops are excluded,
- poorly closed bottles, tight screwing the cap will help to avoid evaporation,
- stratification of components - scrolling the bottle in the hands will help to correct the situation, as a result, the components will mix.
- rare use - also leads to delamination of the components, as a result, the consistency thickens, the low-quality product dries within 1.5-2 months.
Slowing down the thickening process of a cosmetic product will help its storage in the refrigerator. If there are a large number of jars, they should be stored in a special box. The bottle with varnish should be stored in an upright position with a screw cap.
Ways to dilute nail polish
When buying varnish, preference should be given to expensive brands, metal balls should be present in the bottle. The safest and most effective way to dilute varnish is the use of a special solvent. In its absence, other agents can be used, while it is important to consider their effect on varnish and nails.
To dilute the varnish, it is recommended to use a special thinner. In the manufacture of solutions, components hazardous to varnish are not used, and their effect remains for a long time. The tool has an affordable cost, which makes the use of the tool the most optimal.
Nail polish remover
Nail polish remover - this option is considered the most inexpensive, but it has many disadvantages. The main difficulty lies in dosing the product, there is a high risk of overfilling the product, as a result, the varnish will be very thin.
The procedure also leads to the destruction of color pigments, resulting in reduced color saturation. The drying time of varnish diluted in this way greatly slows down, which reduces the comfort of its use.
You can try to warm the varnish. Pour hot water into a bowl and place a bottle of varnish there for a couple of minutes. Hot water, like hot air, softens the varnish, making its texture more fluid. But this method is effective only here and now: before the next use of varnish it will have to be re-heated.
Micellar water has been gaining more and more recovery recently. It can not only be used to cleanse the skin, but also to restore the varnish. In a bottle with varnish, pour 1 tsp. water, composition after a while will be like new.
Acetone is considered the most extreme way to dilute varnish. It is important to consider that the coating is restored for a short period. The disadvantages of this method can also include negative effects on the nails.
When washing off varnish from nails, lemon juice or acid, gasoline, turpentine, gasoline, white spirit may also be useful. It is recommended to use agents that are dangerous to the body as rarely as possible. They can cause serious skin and respiratory problems. It is recommended to clean the nails from varnish in ventilated areas. Hands should be protected with a towel or film, which should wrap the brush.
Gel-based varnishes - how to dilute
Dilute gel-based varnishes in the listed ways should not be. The most optimal way to restore coverage is strong alcohol, it can be alcohol or vodka. Due to the negative impact on the state of varnish, this method should not be abused. The coating becomes more vulnerable to damage, more cracking.
- Normal nail polish remover and acetone always have the greatest effect. The use of alternative methods is allowed only in the absence of special fluids.
- Applying a quick-drying varnish on top of the old layer threatens to detach the nail plate. Despite the fact that this effect is sometimes observed, physical strength is recommended to be used sparingly.
- Before using any product, it is recommended to conduct a preliminary check. The substance should be applied to the wrist from the inside and left for 10 minutes. In the absence of signs of irritation, the product is considered safe.
Observance of the following rules will help to avoid problems:
- storing varnish in the right conditions,
- oxygen saturation - for this it is enough to blow into a jar of varnish after use,
- agitation - periodic agitation helps to mix the components of the product,
- keeping the neck clean, cleaning traces of dried varnish from its edges,
- closing the bottle in the process of applying varnish.
Nail Polish Thinner
Such a special tool costs a little more than the varnish itself, but it lasts for a long time. Typically, the diluent does not contain acetone, which means that it will not affect the properties of the varnish. The only negative of this tool is that the effect lasts only a month. After this period, the varnish becomes unusable.
Have you tried it? Share in the comments.
Reasons for thickening
Each coating contains a liquid that makes the consistency easy to apply. Over time, this liquid evaporates, so the varnish thickens and dries. Most often this happens at the end of the expiration date specified by the manufacturer. Accordingly, if the coating has become too thick, first check the date of manufacture. Maybe it's already too old, and it's just time to throw it away. But there are other reasons why this happens. Look for them below.
- Incorrect storage. The varnish should be kept in a cool, dark place where the sun's rays will not reach it. Temperature differences are also harmful to him: they lead to a change in composition. Keep the product in a lockable cabinet or drawer, away from windows and radiators.
- Badly closed bottle. The longer the jar remains open, the faster the liquid evaporates from it. The composition spoils in a couple of months if you forget to close it after a manicure. There is only one conclusion: tighten the bottle cap after each use!
- Bundle of components. This can happen with any varnish, even subject to all storage rules. Although it happens more often with substandard ones. Solving the problem in this case is easier than easy: just twist the bottle between your palms. So the components are mixed again, and the coating becomes the same.
Just do not shake the jar! This leads to the formation of bubbles!
With the reasons sorted out. But what if the coating has already deteriorated? How to fix the situation?
You can save any nail coating using a specialized thinner, which is necessary to restore its structure.
It makes the enamel more fluid and helps to restore its former quality. Choosing a diluent, you must try to acquire only the highest quality substances. By purchasing a real professional diluent, you can spend it very economically, since even a few drops of such a product have a very effective effect.
Such a tool can dilute any thick coating and make its application to the nails more even and simple. As a rule, the cost of one vial of such a specialized substance does not exceed the price of a bottle of an average coating for nails. The effect of this tool is not only effective, but also lasting. Special solvents can be used both for acrylic-based varnish and gel-based coatings. In addition, this tool is practically harmless, because it does not contain acetone and other harmful substances.
A special diluent, acting on a tool for coloring nails, restores its previous properties, but does not change its color. That is why this tool is the most effective for dissolving coatings for nails. The only negative point in its use is that one application of the diluent is only enough for a month, and then the enamel can again very easily thicken.
How to dilute?
We do not advise you to apply a dried product. First of all, you most likely will not be able to do this - it simply won’t lie on the plate. Secondly, such a coating will dry for a very long time, and it will also be smudged. Therefore, to begin with, try to restore the former consistency. You can do this even at home, using improvised means.
You may be surprised, but many manufacturers of manicure products produce special thinners for varnish. Such a tool is not cheap, but its consumption is economical: a couple of drops will bring to life even a completely dried coating. In addition, such a liquid does not affect the initial composition, preserving the color and texture. The diluent has been around for quite some time: certainly a couple of months. But if you decide on this remedy, remember: you need to store it strictly at room temperature! The cold will spoil it instantly!
Clear nail polish
The method is effective, but short-lived. If you add a transparent coating to the thickened color, you will keep both the saturation of the latter and uniformity (you can not be afraid of “lumps” on your nails). However, this will not help for long: after a couple of uses, the product will thicken again. However, if you urgently need to paint your nails right now, this method is quite suitable.
If it so happens that you have nothing at home with which to dilute the coating, try heating it. Put hot water in a bowl (not boiling water so that the glass of the package does not crack!), Put a bottle in it and hold for 10 minutes. The product will be like new! One minus: as soon as the jar cools down, the composition will thicken again, so hurry up and apply it quickly! And one more thing: in no case do not shake the bottle, otherwise there will be bubbles!
As you can see, it is easy to save the dried coating with the help of improvised means. Which method to choose? Each has its pros and cons, so it's up to you.
If gel thickened
This could happen for the same reasons that spoil the usual coating. Plus to everything it is harmful for the gel to stand next to a working UV lamp: it also affects its composition. By the way, it includes other components, so the methods relevant to ordinary varnish will not work here. Try using:
- professional gel diluents (sold in the same place as he is) - the best way, as safe as possible for the initial composition,
- alcohol (or strong alcohol) - a few drops quickly reanimate the coating.
Remember: alcohol affects the quality of the gel! Perhaps the coating will peel off and stick poorly!
Just follow these guidelines!
- Keep the varnish right. Dark cool room away from the sun and batteries. Do you remember? It is also not worth keeping the product in the refrigerator, since hypothermia is also harmful to it.
- Take the excess from the bottle. Just wipe the neck with a cotton pad dipped in nail polish remover. Do this every time before closing the jar. Due to residues that have dried up to the neck, it may not close completely. In an open bottle, as you recall, the coating deteriorates faster.
- Never shake the bottle. Instead, roll it in your palms before proceeding to manicure.
- Blow in a jar before closing. Sounds funny, right? In fact, this way you displace the oxygen that has got into the bottle. Over time, it can affect the consistency and lead to bubbles and thickening. So this seemingly funny action will help you keep your favorite finish “fresh” for a long time.
That's all! Now the problem of too thick varnish will no longer bother you. And your manicure will always be great, and the process of creating it will be easy and quick!
How to use
Solvents must be used correctly so that the effect is as noticeable and lasting as possible. In a standard bottle of nail cover, you need to drip a couple of drops of this product, then wrap the lid and mix this product thoroughly by shaking. If your enamel is very thickened and two drops were not enough, you can add as much special diluent and shake the bottle again.
It is very important not to overdo it when using a diluent, since an excessive amount of this agent can change the consistency of enamel and make it very liquid, and in addition, its color can change significantly. As a rule, in case of excess diluent, the coating becomes lighter, applying it is already not so inconvenient, since gaps appear on the nail plate.
It is also important to observe the special storage conditions for such a solvent. Since alcohol is part of this product, this product must be stored in places that are closed from fire and direct sunlight.
The most important rule for storing the diluent is that it must not be refrigerated, especially if the diluent is in a glass vial. In case you violate this condition, the product will lose all its properties and will not be able to restore nail polish. The big plus of varnish enamel thinner is that it has a very long shelf life if all storage conditions have been met.
Many experts recommend purchasing specialized products for dissolving the same brand or brand, which includes nail polish.
This is due to the fact that their composition will be as similar as possible, such a tool will perfectly complement the nail polish of a similar brand and will restore it much better.
How to maintain consistency
To avoid drying out and changes in the thickness of the coating, it is necessary to handle it correctly.
One of the main conditions ensuring the enamel's durability is that it is necessary to store the nail polish at a temperature below room temperature in a place where the rays of the sun will not fall on it.
In addition, each time you need to make sure how tightly wrapped the lid of the bottle. After each use, the upper part of the enamel bottle must be cleaned of dried particles of this product, because if the coating builds up, the bottle will be closed leaky, which will lead to a quick drying of the nail polish.
When buying this product, you should try to give preference to nail polishes, in the bottles of which there are small balls necessary for whipping the varnish by shaking. They allow you to break down the thickened particles of varnish and help maintain its normal texture for a longer period. If you follow all the above rules, you can extend the life of any nail polish.
Judging by the reviews of girls and women, most of them have encountered such a problem as thickening nail polish. All women deal with this problem in different ways. Some people prefer to use home methods, such as heating a bottle with this tool or leaning it on a hot battery for several minutes. Some even improve the consistency of nail polish by rubbing a bubble with this product between the palms of the hands.
Someone prefers to dilute the varnish with acetone or nail polish remover, but many notice that after this the structure of the varnish noticeably worsens and the product may even begin to crumble. Women dilute nail polish with a liquid to remove it, not considering how much enamel is left in the bottle, which is very important. On the half of the bottle with the varnish, you can add no more than 10 drops, as indicated by women, because, judging by their reviews, in this case, the varnish does not lose its quality characteristics and color.
Most women push that the best way to dissolve nail polish is to use a product specifically designed for this, because it is the most effective and allows you to keep the nail polish in the same liquid state for a longer period of time. In addition, many women note that this tool is relatively inexpensive.They also note the cost-effectiveness of its use, since a half-bottle of varnish requires much less such a product than, for example, liquid for removal. Also, women indicate that this tool is the safest and easiest to use, therefore, most of the fair sex prefers special solvents to combat thickened enamels.
You will learn more about how to dilute nail polish from the next video.