Do not know How to print a presentation in PowerPoint? We hasten to assure you that this is much easier than you think. There are several ways to help print a presentation.
Using this method, you can print the entire presentation or its elements in the PowerPoint document itself. To do this, select the “File” tab in the main menu of the application, and then select “Print”. As a result of these actions, a window will open in which you can select the number and order of slides. Using the settings of the presented window, you can send the whole presentation as well as its individual elements for printing.
You can open the print window in another way. In an open presentation, press the Ctrl and P keys, remaining on the Russian-language layout. As a result of such actions, the same window will appear before you as when implementing the first method. In the rearranged window, determine the parameters that you need and click OK.
If you were unable to print the file in the two previous ways, then you can use an alternative option. This method is available for most versions. Microsoft Office. In the open presentation, under the menu items there is a standard bookmarks bar on which the "Print" icon is located. By clicking on it you can easily print the material.
In general, the program has two main ways to send a presentation to a printer in print. The first implies that each slide will be created on a separate sheet in full format. The second - save paper by spreading out all the slides in the right amount on each page. Depending on the regulations, each option implies certain changes.
Method 1: Traditional Printout
Ordinary printing, as it appears in any other application from Microsoft Office.
- To start, go to the tab "File".
Here you will need to go to the section "Seal".
You can also quickly go to the print menu by pressing the hotkey combination Ctrl + P.
Method 2: Layout on a sheet
If you want to print not one slide per sheet, but several, then this function will be required.
- You must still go to the section "Seal" manually or by hotkey combination. Here in the parameters you need to find the third item from the top, which defaults to “Slides the size of an entire page”.
It is important to pay attention to the fact that when choosing a small sheet and the maximum number of slides during the calculation, the final quality will suffer significantly. Frames will be printed very small and significant text inclusions, tables or small elements will be poorly distinguishable. This point should be taken into account.
Setting up a template for printing
You should also consider editing the output of slides on the print template.
- To do this, go to the tab "View".
Here you will need to press the button "Sample issuance".
The program will go into a special mode of working with samples. Here you can customize and create a unique style of such sheets.
- Region "Page settings" allows you to adjust the orientation and page size, as well as the number of slides that will be printed here.
- "Placeholders" allow you to mark additional fields, for example, header and footer, date and page number.
- In the remaining fields, you can customize the page design. By default, it is absent and the sheet is simply white. With the same settings, in addition to slides, additional artistic elements will also be noted here.
When printing in a window, you can see a lot of parameters. It is worth figuring out what each of them is responsible for.
- The first thing you should pay attention to is creating copies. In the upper corner you can see the number of copies setting. If you select to print the entire document, then each slide will be printed as many times as indicated on this line.
- In section "Printer" You can select the device to which the presentation will be sent to print. If there are several connected, then the function will come in handy. If there is only one printer, then the system will automatically suggest using it.
- Next, you can specify how and what to print. By default, the option is selected here. Print All Presentation. There are also options that allow you to send one slide to the printer, or some of these.
For the last action, there is a separate line where you can specify either the numbers of the desired slides (in the format «1,2,5,7» etc.) or interval (in the format «1-6») The program will print the specified frames, but only if the option is specified above "Arbitrary range".
In conclusion, it is worth saying that if you print a very colorful and large presentation, this can lead to huge ink costs. So it is recommended that you either select a format in advance in order to maximize savings, or properly stock up on cartridges and ink so that you do not have to deal with difficulties due to an empty printer.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
How to print a borderless PowerPoint slide
Those who often make presentations in PowerPoint may one day be faced with the need to print a slide or slides without borders.
All the salt is that they cannot be completely removed. You can only minimize the white margins in Power Point. This is how it is done.
Open the File menu and find the Print section there.
Here you need to open "Printer Properties", go to "Advanced Settings" and check the box "Print Borderless".
Another way that can help remove fields in PowerPoint as much as possible is as follows: In the main menu of the program, open the “View” tab and find the “Sample notes” icon.
Click on it. Another toolbar opens:
We find the section "Fillers" and remove the daws "Header", "Date", "Page Number". This will remove unnecessary fields and thereby stretch the slide on the page. Try printing borderless slides and see the result. As I said above, in PowerPoint you can’t completely get rid of them, but now they will be much less!